Karen had invited us to breakfast at their new condo. There has to be at least 10 flights of stairs (yes you read that correctly) to their unit, and we had to walk all the way back down to the street, because we had the wrong building and Brian couldn’t figure from our description where we were. He opened the garage door, and thank God he buzzed us into the elevator for the ride to the 5th floor. Karen made egg sandwiches on English muffins, and we ate these as we enjoyed the view. After we were done, we headed to the tux shop for a fitting, but that was quickly canned because there was only one style and it wasn’t to anyone’s liking. I lucked out on that trip; there was a hobby shop a few doors down that had a cross stitch sampler of a Victorian house at night, and of course I bought it.

I had found a few brochures the day before when we were at Pier 39 in the Tourist info station, and there was one for a guided walking tour of the Victorian houses. I mentioned this to Karen, and asked if she was interested in going with me. If not, I was going to find a time to do it myself. They made a phone call to their friend Alex, who is a docent at the Haas-Lilienthal House. They made arrangements for us to have a private tour over the weekend with him. I’m looking forward to this very much. I love the Victorian houses, and I can’t wait to actually go inside one.

Next we headed across town to the AT&T ball field to see the SF Giants play against the Chicago Cubs. Chad started to lag behind once we reached the Piers on Embarcadero, and we took a ride on a bike taxi the rest of the way. We arrived at the game in the 4th inning with a tied score of 3 – 3. As we took our seats, some one from the Giants hit a home run INTO THE BAY! There are people in the Bay with kayaks and boats to retrieve the balls. There was even two people with inner tubes and a floating cooler! By the end of that inning, they had a Grand Slam which pulled them well into the lead. The Cubs got a couple more runs over the next few innings, and the 9th inning started with a tied score of 7 – 7. Chicago didn’t score that inning, and the crowd went wild as the Giants came up to bat. There were two players on base and someone, I don’t remember the player’s name, hit it out of the park into the stands! I thought it was a home run at first, but Jim said it wasn’t because it had bounced before it went into the stands. Regardless of this fact, it was still very exciting. Everyone was cheering and going wild. I’m not a big baseball fan, but when you attend the game, it is really fun to watch. We had a blast.

We trekked back across the city, purchased Giants t-shirts from a guy who had them laid out on the sidewalk along the Embarcadero, and stopped along the way to pick up a pie for dinner at Karen and Brian’s condo. My in-laws had arrived while we were at the game, and we had plans to spend the evening with them.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s